Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

District Conference starts a miracle...

Two weeks ago we held District Conference in Bucharest. One of our members came and brought four or five deaf people with him from his city of Alexandra. One of the people stood up and translated into sign language. It was so fun watching them because of the huge smiles on their faces. They often nodded their heads in agreement with what was being said. They asked us if we would come to their city and teach them the gospel this next week and we agreed to do so.
Not five or six people showed up but almost 100 were there waiting for us! Instead of an intimate discussion it was like a huge church meeting! They were so happy and accepted Books of Mormon of the elders. They agreed to read their assignments and made us promise to come back next week.
It reminded me of the early missionaries in the church who converted hundreds of people in towns in England. I don't know what will happen here but I do know the spirit was strong and their hearts were open. The rest is in God's hands. Now we have to figure out how we're going to do this! A problem we are happy to tackle by the way! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home