Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Saturday, December 30, 2006

MOLDOVA OPEN! 12/29/06

We are shouting for joy today! (President Ashby, Elder Stokes and Elder Jackson) Moldova has officially registered the church and is now open to us and our missionaries! President Verlon called us tonight and said that he had received a call from the Minister of Cults this afternoon asking him to come down to his office. He went with some trepidation wondering what they wanted from him this time. The Minister handed him a formal document, offically signed, granting our church the right to be recognised in Moldova! President Verlon called us the minute he got home and was in tears as he recounted his experience. We are so happy we can hardly contain ourselves! The interesting thing is that we got our first Russian speaking missionary this last transfer and in March we have 17 new missionaries coming, some of them Russian speaking. All this was done by chance.....ummmm......not really chance, the Lord is truly in charge! We had to share this good news and want to thank everyone for their fasting and prayers! It worked!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger LoveOregon said...

Thanks for keeping missionary families posted on the great work happening over there. We enjoy the pictures, videos and news.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Linsey said...

This is a terrific site -- I have a brother on a mission rather near where you are and it's excellent that you're doing this for the missionaries.

I'm a representative for the More Good Foundation -- http://www.moregoodfoundation.org -- and we're about promoting pro-LDS websites all over the internet. We write articles about basic Mormon beliefs for the use of pro-Mormon websites and were wondering if you might be interested.

If you are, you can contact me at lduncan (at) moregoodfoundation.org

9:22 AM  
Blogger Chapman Family said...

I love coming to your site and seeing your updates. I was a missionary there back in 1998-2000 and we have been praying for the members in Moldova to receive this great blessing for a long time. Slava Domnului! Thanks for keeping us udated we love it!

Fost Elder Chapman

5:40 PM  
Blogger Joan Richan said...

Once again, I have been reading your recent news. My husband and I served in Romania in 2002-03 and was such a great blessing to us. We love the people of Romania and keep in contact with them there and those at BYU. We had dinner our last Saturday in Romania in Alexandria with the Mateis. How I would love their address to write them.

I use quotes from your blog in my Gospel Doctrine class as they are so very inspirational. May the Lord continue to bless you in this great work.

Joan Richan

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home