Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

July "Graduating" and Incoming Missionaries


I'm a little behind as it is the middle of August but wanted to still post the photos of our departing and incoming missionaries for July! Leaving us was Sora Durfee and Elders Jackson, Sens, Despain, Curtis, Harward, Jaynes, Nicholson, Bellows and Shawver. A wonderful group of missionaries--dedicated and hardworking! We really miss them! Of course, we always get a wonderful bunch of new missionaries who are full of excitement and enthusiasm. This group consists of Elders Ward, Anderson, Bird, Roundy, Cantlon, and Platt. Also, Soras Larsen and Lovell. We extemd a hearty welcome to all of them!
Sora Loveall arrived a few days after her group due to an injury at the MTC.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Dear Sister Ashby,

Thank you for your wonderful site to find out all the great things going on in the mission. We were all excited to see our son, Elder Bird, with the other missionaries. What a great thing for all of us moms back at home!

Donna Bird, Arizona

7:55 AM  
Blogger Vicke Ann Cantlon said...

Dear Sora Ashby,

I am Sister Vicke Ann Canton, the Mother of Elder Christopher Cantlon from Canada who arrived in July. I have been waiting many months to see my precious boys face on your blog. I Thank you from the bottom of my heart for creating your blog which provides to us, the 'missionary families' a direct link to our children who are so very far away. What joy and comfort your pictures and words provide. This blog you have created is literally a light stone from heaven into our LDS home here in Grimsby Ontario Canada. By the way my Elder Cantlon was great friend in the MTC with Elder Bird.

May our Heavenly Father Continue to bless you for all your efforts in the building up of His Church and Kingdom in the beautiful country of Romania.

Respectfully Yours,
Vicke Ann Cantlon

7:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sister Ashby,
I am the mother of Elder Carson Stinson who has been out now for 9 months. I spend alot of time purusing through "Grandma Chubby's Stuff". Thank you so much for your wonderful site and all that you do. To catch a glimpse of life in Romania and the lives of missionaries is truly amazing and we are blessed you have given us the opportunity and are so organized.
Thanks again.

I always hope to see Carson in your blog, so I will keep looking:)

Shelly Stinson, Layton, Utah

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home