Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My birthday...and I have to tell you about it!

My birthday was awesome. John and I were in Moldova for the Christmas zone conference party and on Saturday the 15th it snowed a foot deep! On my birthday—Sunday, the 16th---we drove to northern Moldova to our other little Branch in that country. We both spoke in Sacrament meeting. I have never been to Orhei so it was a real treat for me. The drive was gorgeous and the people there were wonderful. We had 23 people in attendance (counting the 7 missionaries with us). All but two of the members were women. We love Moldova and the people there.

This is a photo of the Branch building. The church is renting the bottom floor for our meetings.

Here are the members who attended church today, including the Boyles, who are the other couple missionary with us. (The elders with us were taking the pictures!)

On the way home John bought me a beautiful piece of stitchery. Argentine, who is one of our members, helps his Aunt sell them. She sews them and spends every day doing this fine work. It is called "Petel Point" and the stitches are very, very tiny. She also makes her patterns from pictures she sees and this picture is of the pioneers---probably in winter quarters. John and I both loved it. It will be a treasure for us.

We got home to Bucharest about 10:00 PM found it had snowed as far south as our home. It’s not very deep but, we haven’t had snow in Bucharest for two years now so it was a treat for us! We love the seasons. And yes, it IS beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
The “backyard” or “garden” as they call it here, of our home on the morning of the 17th! (And yes, we do live in an apartment---more like a condo. Actually, we are lucky to have any yard at all! Most people don't.)
One more photo….

This is my favorite picture I took in Chisinau, Moldova. This baby was sound asleep as her parents were pulling her through the snow. In the winter people pull groceries, children, pets and everything else on these little sleds…..everywhere they go!
One last thing....many of our missionaries know Tatiana from Orhei. She is a very faithful, wonderful girl who has severe Scoliosis. She had an operation in 2003 where they put a metal rod in her back and it has since broken. I took a little video of her so those of you who know her can see her again. We are still praying to find a doctor who will operate on her as she is not expected to live past 30 without the operation. Just so you know, most doctors don't expect her to survive the surgery and that is their hesitancy. Tatiana is always in pain but is always smiling and does everything she can to help run their little branch. She is amazing and is truly one of Heavenly Father's angels.
By the way, I made her speak in English and she was very timid about that! She is trying to learn English and is doing very well but shy about speaking in our language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home