Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The THIRD week of June!

Oh yes, just thought you might like to see how Romanians love color! There is nothing boring about the homes in this country!
Today is Sunday and President Ashby went to Constanta with his Assistants. After interviewing several worthy men he called Alin Constantinescu as the new Branch President. President Gradinaru had been the president there for eight years and it was time to release him. He did a wonderful job and now the reins are turned over to President Constantinescu. During our time in Romania we have changed all the branch presidents except two. Many of them had served many years and it was time to make the changes.
Church is always interesting here. Today we had this investigator attend sacrament meeting in his traditional clothing. It was so fun to see him there. Just before the meeting started a member walked around the chapel with a tray of chocolates and gave everyone a treat. I found out later it was his birthday and he wanted to share it with all of us. La multi ani!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa and Grandma B said...

What great times. Oh how we are going to miss you.

12:42 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

Perhaps as you leave, you could leave a note for the next mission president couple suggesting that they also keep a mission blog.

As a former missionary who served in Romania, I've very much enjoyed seeing your pictures and what you've had to say. It has helped me to continue to feel connected to my mission experiences and the people I loved and served.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Most Happy Girl said...

Sister Asby, will you post the time and place when you talk in church? I understand that it's this Sunday (July 13). Thanks!

Sister Nancy Parker (Elder Berlin's aunt)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Rosetribe said...

Thanks so much for taking care of the people of Romania and our kids serving as your missionaries. I enjoyed reading about the mission and catching glimpes of our missionary.
Thanks again
Kristy

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home