Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving 2005!

Thanksgiving is not celebrated in Romania and our missionaries work the same as any other day. Today we had 18 missionary interviews at our home. I couldn't help but think of our families back home during this special time of year when we show our gratitude for blessings and spend the time with those we love best. Right now we love these wonderful young missionaries and so I made turkey soup and pumpkin pie/cake and as each missionary came for their interview we had the best "Thanksgiving Dinner" together and talked about our families at home and how much we love and appreciate them. It was a different day but a very special one. John and I will miss four Thanksgivings in Utah before we celebrate this holiday the good-ole American way, but we couldn't be happier nor, could we be more grateful for all that we are blessed with.
Photo: Sister Houston, Elder Anderson and Elder Irion
2nd row: Sister Janzen, Elder Andrus and Lenore (me)!
Top: Elder Baker Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home