Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

In every Village...



 
...there is at least one and maybe even two or three Orthodox churches. We are always amazed at the opulence of these churches in even the smallest of villages. This one is a church in the middle of Bacau. We took this picture on our way to Zone Conference in Iasi.
 
One day we stopped at this masoleum. There are 5,074 soldiers from World War I buried in this crypt. We have never seen such a large tomb anywhere! One of the most interesting things in this country are all the monuments to fallen Romanian soldiers. Just as there are Orthodox churches everywhere they honor their War heros and there are all kinds of amazing statues all over the country.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home