Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Thursday, February 28, 2008

In and Out -- February Missionaries

Transfer week is not always easy! Not only does it mean that many of our missionaries get new companions and move to new cities, but we also have to let go and "graduate" a group of our finest people as their missions end and they leave us to go home, meet their families and start a new life. On February 6th we "graduated" Sora Templeman, Sora Griffith, Elder Bigler, Elder Middleton, Elder Denning, Elder Wade, Sora Nettesheim, Sora Trijulla, Elder Palmer and Elder Dabling. What a great group of young men and women! We will truely miss them!
Our pain at losing those missionaries is softened somewhat by the new elders and sisters that join us the same day our older missionaries gone home. This time we got a big group of twelve enthusiastic, ready to work people! We are thrilled to welcome Elder Anderson, Sora McKnight, Sora Taylor, Elder Manzione, Elder Smith, Elder Sorensen, Elder Woodard, Elder de Guzman, Elder Thompson, Elder Stromberg, Elder Zemp and Elder Holmes.
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad you are back blogging again. I have really missed it!
I want you to know how anxious my husband and I are to soon be coming to Romania. We are sooooo ready to serve and can't wait to be put to work. Look for us on March 24th, I believe. Sorry to hear you have been ill.

Sora Jessee

4:46 PM  
Blogger BABBO said...

We are happy to send our daughter Sora Taylor to you. We hope you will put her to work and that you will ask a lot from her. She is very capable and likes to work ;) . Best Wishes to all of you!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Anda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Anda said...

So I see you have met Elder Clark Andersen. He is a fine young man! He is so excited to be serving in Romania (Constanza). He is a very hard worker. Please tell him that I say hi and send him best wishes!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Maren said...

Sister Ashby,
I recently made a connection that you know our neighbors, Mondel and Sonja Ward. They are some of Elder Stromberg's biggest fans, and now I learn that they are fans of yours as well. They asked that I say "Hi!" from them. Thanks for all you do for Elder Stromberg and the rest of your crew!

Fondly,
Maren Stromberg

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home