Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Monday, March 31, 2008

What NOT to do!

This is Elder Banu....a wonderful example of a clean-cut, well-dressed, keep-the-rules missionary! As most of you know, elders must have their hair short, neatly combed and with a side part. YIKES! SO, WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
Yes, this is Elder Banu again! Just so you don't think he blatantly went on a rule-breaking binge, I have to assure this was an "accident"! Elder Banu is serving in Moldova. One day he and his companion were helping the Sister missionaries move and he found this bottle of hair stuff. At first he thought it was hair conditioner and he asked the sisters if he could have it. They said yes, but they didn't think it was conditioner---the language on the bottle was Russian or Hungarian and none of them could understand it. However, the sisters thought it was a product similar to NAIR, which is a hair removal cream. "Great!" he said, "can I have it? I want to put some on my part line in my hair and make the part permanent so I don't have to try to comb it in every day. Well, as you can see, he did a little more than make a thin part in his hair! Needless to say, he learned a hard lesson! The NAIR burned his scalp and after jumping around and trying to wash it out, this was the end result!
Elder Banu had no choice but to get a "bald" hair cut....not missionary approved, but necessary in this emergency! He is still a fine looking elder but one who has learned a big lesson and claims he will never try anything again without knowing exactly what it is and what it will do to him! (He allowed us to share his story in case it might help some other "innocent and unspecting" good elder!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Sister Ashby, I just wanted to let you know that the most recent photos of the "not what to do" do not show up. Thanks so much for keeping this updated.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Annie Hawkins said...

This is so funny!! Elder Banu is from my ward in Brasov and I can't believe he did that to himself. Something to talk about in the future. Say hi to him if you see him around.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Grandpa and Grandma B said...

WOW that had to hurt! At least he now has appreciation for those of us who are blessed with permanent hair loss. I think is great sense of humor got the best of him this time.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Elder Banu is so funny! I am happy to see him serving a mission. I got to know him while I was serving in Brasov.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home