Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Saturday, May 06, 2006

We filled four big trucks....

...and traveled to villages where these supplies were needed.
The first was a village where many people had been waiting for hours for us.
The second was a tent city in the middle of farm land. It was tricky getting our big semi-truck though all the dirt roads to get there, but we made it.
The 3rd was a tent city not far off the main road, and close to another village, where the people living in this village had not suffered any damage to their homes. The people living in this tent city came from a village that was completely submerged in the river. Not even the chimneys on their roofs are showing. It is as though the village never even existed.

President Ashby poses with our wonderful truck driver. He drove places in that truck where I wouldn't take my SUV!


Beginning to distribute the food. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home