Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Stinging Nettle

On our journey we stopped for interviews in Brasov with Sora Bingham, Sora Rappleye, Elder Williams, Elder Waters, Elder Richey and Elder Campbell. While enjoying ANOTHER McDonald's lunch the Sisters explained the delicacy of eating Stinging Nettle! It sounded pretty scary to me but they swear it is tasty and very healthy for you! It's good for the sinus'and allergies, and is loaded with iron. (How can you beat that!)
Since Easter is the end of this month you will find signs In many restaurants exponding on the foods they have available for "the fast". This fast lasts for about 30 days and consists of giving up all animal products. This is practiced before Easter and is also done at Christmas time. I believe this is a cleanse for their bodies.
I think Sora Rappleye can explain just how to use stinging nettel and have posted the following video for that reason!
Well, are you ready to try some! :) Oh, be careful handling it! It can "sting" you even though it is only picked in the spring while very young and tender! I know----it got me! I had a hard time wondering how my tongue would handle that! Well, I guess you could add it to your "Emergency Survival information kit" for use in an emergency!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I might agree with the concept of information for your Emergency Preparedness but I am not sure I would go much further.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home