Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Starting Zone Conference

After leaving the Transylvania District Conference we traveled to Oradea to do interviews and get ready for our first zone conference in Cluj. This photo is the Branch President's wife, Sora Isabela Geambasu, and we are standing in front of the Branch Vila. By the way, we got a new van a couple months ago and finally got our lisence plates.......notice the "LDS" on it? I didn't know we could do that here but the dealership arranged it for us! Ce marfa! (so cool!)
This is one of the churches in Oradea. I really like this one because half way up to the top is a round ball representing the changing of the moon or the sun. It works like a clock and is so fun to watch the changes. One thing I love here is how almost all the big clocks on cathedrals work and show the correct time. The other wonderful thing is the ringing of the church bells. They ring faithfully in every city and I love to hear them.
This was a fun house I noticed as we were driving to Cluj-Napoca. I love the personality in so many homes here. It could be a gypsy home because of the silver turrets.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home