Grandma Chubby's Stuff

I hope you enjoy my postings. My husband and I are serving a mission in Romania and have had some wonderful adventures. Each of us have experiences in our life that make us different from that time forth. These experiences have done that for us.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Monday, August 24, 2009

The "Old-Timers" meet again!

Last Friday we had a real treat when a group of our past senior missionaries joined us in our home for dinner. We had saramale, mamaliga and lots of other good food. Of course, we reminisced about the mission and the people we love in Romania. It was a real treat and again, we were so thankful for the opportunity we had to serve in that country with all of these dedicated and hard working people.

The Lofgreen's and below, the Cannon's.
Attending were the Wrights, Bryson's, Watson's, Jacob's, Lofgreen's, Bowman's, Hanson's, Sister Wallin, Dr. Moody and his wife, Evelyn, the Creamer's, the Cannon's, the Facer's, the Boyle's and of course us, the Ashby's!
"Old Timers"? Well, yes, I called this posting that because, after everyone walked into our home and were sitting around visiting, one of my kids came up to me later and said, "Mom, I've never seen so many old people in our house at the same time before!" I just had to laugh! Boy, is our perspective different than our kids! These people all worked their tails off with us in Romania. I never thought of a single one of them being "old"! Now, when I was young, I thought anyone 50 years old was up to his knees in the grave, but, since passing that milestone myself, I now realize what a young age 50 actually is! At any rate, it's really true that you are only as old as you feel! The spirit is young no matter how old the body gets and we saw that demonstrated so many times while working with these wonderful couples during our missions.

8 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa and Grandma B said...

What a great group and as I looked at them there were still lots more missing that we served with but is was sure good to see the ones we grew to love. Thanks for sharing the photos.

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how absolutely fun! we miss you all!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Rose said...

Yeah! We love all of you and it was our pleasure to serve with you!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Wow, that is so neat seeing all those awesome people all together.

11:57 PM  
Blogger AMIT said...

It was a memorable moment for of all you.

Make website india

12:38 AM  
Blogger AMIT said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I loved reading your blog.. Jody was my best friend growing up so it was nice to be able to "catch" up with the family I have sadly lost touch with... Thank you!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Iuliana@Hip2Thrift said...

Wow...it's so wonderful to see you all together like that. The people of Romania and Moldova will always be indebted to you for all the service and dedication you have given to us and the Lord. Thank you! Wish I could see you all!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home